Requirements before you can start casting
If you want to watch Magine TV on your TV screen your device has to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Android 4.0 or higher
- iOS 8 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher
- Mac OS 10.7 or higher
- router with 2.4 GHz
Besides that you need to enable Universal Plug and play (UPnP), multicast, Internet Group Management (IGMP) on your router. You also need to disable AP/client isolation, virtual private networks (VPNs) or proxy servers on your router so that the Chromecast can communicate with your device you want to cast from.
You can check here if your router is compatible with Chromecast.
How to setup chromecast
- Plug your Chromecast into your TV in the HDMI slot and into a power source. This can be the USB slot in your TV or the power cord. Change the input until you see the Chromecast startpage.
- Check if your device is using the same Wifi as the Chromecast.
- Open the Magine TV App
- Choose a program you want to see.
- Click on the small device picture in the upper right corner or
- start the program first and then click on the small device picture in the upper right corner of the video window.
- Choose your Chromecast.
- Watch Magine TV on your large screen
Devices you can cast Magine TV
You can cast from any device where the Magine TV app (iOS, Android, Chrome Browser) is installed as long as the Chromecast and your device are using the same Wifi connection. Even if you can’t play any stream on your device you should be able to cast the stream to your TV as the Chromecast will get the signal directly from our service and not from your device.
If you want to cast from your Computer you need to use the Chrome browser and the Chromecast Extension “Google Cast”.